Farmers face greater obstacles than ever before in today’s world of agriculture.
To begin with, there’s climate change, soil degradation, insufficient water and land, and, most crucially, a shortage of funds to cover all of a farmer’s expenses, from production to marketing.
Read also: How To Make Money Through Farming In Kenya.
This is why the vast majority of capable farmers have failed to invest in farming, whether it be greenhouse farming, open field farming, or any other sort of agricultural practice. I’ll go over how to secure agri loans for your farm in this article.
Why is funding critical for farmers?
Despite the availability of chances to develop controlled spaces for agrifarming, funds remain a major impediment. In Kenya’s agricultural industry, funding is a concern, and as a result, we have inadequate equipment and limited access to information for most farmers.
Read also:List Of Top Agriculture Universities In Kenya – Check Ranking For 2020/2021
Loans can help farmers in a variety of ways.
For example, given appropriate cash, young and old farmers could:
- Purchase or rent land to gain access to land.
- Gain access to education, training, and skills.
- Due to accessible budgets for transportation, packaging, and the cost of renting lorries to carry their products, they have access to markets.
- New farming technologies such as farm monitoring, computerized systems, and modern greenhouses are now available.
Having access to the right agriculture consultants is essential.
- Make upgrades and repairs to the land
Cover your operating expenses.
After a natural calamity, you must rebuild.
What is an Agricultural Loan (an Agri Loan)?
Agricultural diversification would entail buying more machinery, recruiting more workers, and increasing the amount of labor and capital required to run a more complex enterprise. There can be no lending structure, credit union, or bank without a financial reserve.
Read also:How To Start A Profitable Rabbit Farming Business In Kenya
Agribusinesses include livestock, crops, and poultry.
Agri Loans are low-interest money and loans offered to farmers by institutions or people to assist them keep up with all of their farm’s costs, stay afloat, and run their farms more efficiently.
Agri-loans come in a variety of shapes and sizes.
Agri Loans come in a variety of shapes and sizes. But I’ll just name a few of the more important ones, and here’s a list:
- Operating Loans for Farmers
- Loans for Farm Storage Facilities
- Loans for the acquisition of farmland are available through the Farm Ownership Program.
- Loans for dairy and cattle
- Crop loan with a structure
- Horticulture financing
- Loan for Farm Development
Agriloans are available from a variety of financial institutions.
Now that you know why you need agri loans and what varieties are available, let’s look at how to secure agri loans for your firm. To begin, I’ll concentrate on both local and global institutions.
Kenyan bank institutions
In this bank list, we have a variety of Saccos, Banks, and Loan Apps that may give farmers with horticulture production loans, asset loans, and many other types of loans.
Loans are available through government programs.
- Africa’s Commercial Bank (CBA)
- Barclays Bank (British bank)
- Kenyan Cooperative Bank
- Kenya Commercial Bank is a commercial bank in Kenya.
- Trust for Kenyan Women’s Finance
- Africa’s Inuka
- Corporation for Agri-Finance
- Institutions from around the world
- The International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- The European Investment Bank (EIB) is a European
- Mauritius-based investment firm LAFCo
Farmers are urged to take action.
Most African countries’ agriculture sectors play a critical role in their long-term growth. Agriculture remains the most important source of employment, money, and overall well-being in many African countries.
Agri loans and financing companies must continue to reach out to farmers in order to keep the sector expanding. Farmers should not be concerned about ‘their enterprises being taken over’ by agri lending companies. The primary goal should be to ensure the continuous production and supply of healthy food to the world’s population while also maximizing the return on investment.
It’s never too late to try out one of the above-mentioned agri loans. You can also look for more information in your own country. I hope the institutions listed below can assist you in obtaining agricultural loans for your business.
Agricultural loans will not, however, alleviate hunger or make farming accessible to all, but they will make farmers’ lives simpler.