Start Your New Year With This Amazing Advice
17 LAWS OF FARMING YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Never target peak seasons, peak seasons come with their own challenges. Be a farmer not a gambler.
- Choose at least two main crops and a rotational crop plan. Jumping from one crop to another is not right to your pocket.
- Plan your farm and always have the crops at different age stages, to ensure constant supply.
- No crop that is not profitable, just master the pro and cons of a particular crop.
- Having a lot of many is not a licence to successful farming.
- Have a spray and fertilizer plan and stick to it.
- Never take advise from agrovets and agrochemical sales agent. Most of them are sales persons and not agronomists.
- Try as much as possible to cut down on farm expenditure without compromising on produce quality.
- Never hold back on a produce, if its a quick perishable product. Sell it at the prevailing prices.
- Never plant a new seed on large scale before doing trials unless you have seen it somewhere.
- Never entrust your million dollar idea against a farmhand, ensure you are present during critical stages of crop development untill marketing.
- Never employ a close family member to manage your farm, most of them will fail you.
- If you are neighbouring farmers plant same crop.
- Never apply any farming information you get online, without consulting your agronomist.
- Always have a farm plan.
- Old is always good.
- Most of the old seed varieties and chemicals will never disappoint you.
Passion in farming is key and will take you far.
Stay connected on our website for amazing tips this year
I thought you should know.