What does “poultry farming” mean?
poultry farming is the practice of domesticating or commercially rearing birds for their meat, eggs, or both feathers and meat. While guinea hens and squabs (young pigeons) are primarily of local significance, chickens, turkeys, ducks, and geese are of primary importance.
Read also: How To Start Poultry Farming Business In Ghana – A comprehensive Guide
Below is the List Of Poultry Farms In Ghana
- Darko farms
0303 93 3132
- Akate Farms
Telephone: +233 0322071246
- Akro Farms
- LINNOVAC Poultry Farm
- Kwadwo Adamu Unity Farms Limited
- Ansu Pramag Farms
How much does it cost to start a poultry farm in Ghana?
Small-scale chicken rearing (about 10 birds) kept in cages in your backyard will cost about GHC 300 to start.
A medium-scale poultry farming (50 or more birds) that requires land and other equipment will cost about GHC 2,800 – 6,000 to start.
Who is the richest poultry farmer in Ghana?
Mr.Kwabena Darko has amassed several years of experience in the poultry farming business and has also made millions from this sector.
How can I start a small poultry farm?
- Learn poultry farming from the nearest poultry farm.
- Decide the chicken products to focus on.
- Select a good poultry farm location.
- Set up a poultry cage for the birds.
- Purchase some poultry farming equipment.
- Buy starter chicks from a trusted supplier.
- Employ reliable workers for the poultry farm.
- Feed the chicks properly.
Which farming is most profitable in Ghana?
- Snail Farming: Snail farming in Ghana is said to be one of the most lucrative agricultural businesses you can start with little capital.
- Pig Farming.
- Poultry Farming.
- Catfish Farming.
- Plantain Plantation.
- Rice Farming.
- Cassava Farming.
- Cucumber Farming.
How much do farmers make in Ghana?
A person working as a Farmer in Ghana typically earns around 1,460 GHS per month.
Salaries range from 690 GHS (lowest) to 2,310 GHS (highest).
This is the average monthly salary including housing, transport, and other benefits.